...Inspired by a good friend to actually start a blog and, at the same time, taking on an idea that I came up with a couple of months ago...to write at least 2 things that were "the highlight" of my day...we'll see where this takes us...

Wednesday, June 14

Alpha

Hello! Welcome! This is my first blog entry (and my first blog ever). I hope it is enjoyable for you and for me...we'll see how long I can keep this up. Ok...first story...something that happened to me today: I signed up the other day to volunteer at a fundraising ball to support a school for disabled children...I wrote it down on a sheet of paper that Wednesday at 5:30, I had to be there (the event started at 6:30). I did everything in lab quickly today so that I'd have time to go get my car in between and change at home quickly, but I ended up having to go back to lab for 15 minutes all dressed up and in heels (it was a semiformal thing). The wind messed up my hair a bit, but I didn't really care much at the time. After lab, I rushed to the Reitz parking lot and went searching for people in the ballrooms. I kept walking at a quick pace (as fast as I could with heels) from corner to corner, checking every door...thinking that maybe I was a bit early (it was already 5:30). Well...I couldn't find anybody, so I went to the computer lab to check my email to call the person in charge and ask her where in the world they were. I got her number and saved it on my phone so I could call her when I got out of the computer lab. I signed out of the email window but then I signed back on to see if it specified the location. Instead, I found the date of the event...June 17...so, I was early...3 days early...This kind of thing happens to me often, for some reason. I called my mom to tell her my story and give her a laugh...I told her, as I was walking out of the Reitz, that there was a free bowling event there, but I was wearing heels and was dressed up, so I'd have to go home and change before going there. This was also written on the little paper where I wrote what I had to do this week (just the ball and the bowling)...so...when I got home, I made sure to check it again...and I saw that the bowling is not today but on the 22nd (in 8 days)...where did I leave my brain today? I don't know...obviously. Well...I should go inform my friends abotu this blog, or else I will be the only one reading the things I write (which is ok too, since I have been wanting to start writing 2 or more "highlights of my day" since a couple of months ago...just for my own entertainment).

1 Comments:

Blogger BabyGator said...

Welcome to the Blogsphere! I loved your first entry. That was a really funny story, it sounds like the kind of thing that would happen to me! I look forward to reading more of your adventures!

~Rhondles

6/15/2006 2:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home